Wednesday, January 3, 2007

An Ordinary Wednesday

I thought it would be an ordinary day. It was. Sort of. It was ordinary in the way that it followed the pattern of my ordinary days. It's just that my ordinary days are filled with extraordinary events.

After yet another rocky start to our school day, we settled in. Don't let anyone kid you about homeschool. It's not all field trips, great library books and snazzy software. Sometimes its down right ugly hard work. On the teacher side, I'd say pretty often it's hard work. Now I'm not saying I don't love it. I do. It's like anything good. You have to work at it and work for it. Magic moments with your kids don't just happen overnight out of the blue. It'd be nice if they did.

Today, we got to the worm. Right in the middle of the worm, as the Little Mr.'s are saying eww, gross, the worm is stinky, the phone rings. Now mind you, we're squeezing in the worm between doctor visits, groceries, piano lessons and Wednesday night church. Exacto knife in one hand, worm in the other I answer the phone.

Guess who?

The county. Nope, not in trouble for homeschooling. We're Foster Parents. This was a call for placement. Would we take in newborn twins?

Twins. Newborn. Think 5 days old.

I took the information and sat down. Looking ahead we have some fun this month. The Mr. will be traveling twice on business to far parts of the country. I will be having dental surgery. There is school. Several small groups. Swim lessons. Art & Phy. Ed. class. Piano lessons. Wow. A full month.

Twins. Newborns.

Should we? Could we?

Stay tuned, and I'll let you know.
Jen

No comments: