Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Big Trip

I'm here. Or maybe it's that I'm there.

Either way, I'm on vacation. I'm in the very warm state of Texas hanging out with my dear friend. It's wonderful. It's extremely quiet. I have no to do list. I have no little voices, no whines for treats, no sticky grabby fingers or dirty, stinky feet to contend with.

I have a wonderful, comfy bed to snooze in. I have a nice stack of books that I brought with me, plus a pile that Ms. K thought I might enjoy. I have all my notebooks. I have new pens. It's all around pretty delightful.

I'm eating well. That means all sorts of things that my family can't eat without getting sick. I'm relaxing with a capital R.

Now, don't misunderstand. I love my family. I love my busy, crazy life. But this too is something to love. It's like a little slice of heaven. Just a snippet to keep me going for the next couple of years.

It's like being underwater for a long time. It's cool and peaceful and you are seeing incredible things, but eventually your lungs ache for a breath of air. And then when you surface, the air is just as sweet as the underwater world you were resting in was.

That's where I'm at.

This is just as good as my everyday. It's just a different sort of good.

Time to break into another book.

No comments: