Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just So You Know...

I am crazy.

Or at least I must be close.

I went down to the hospital today to spend a little time with Baby Boy and driving to the grocery store afterward, I realized, I must be nuts.

Baby Boy, by the way, is sweet and cute and all things wonderful. He has some health issues that are keeping him checked in at the hospital for the time being, but the nurses are loving on him as much as they can. I took my turn this afternoon. It was the perfect snuggle up.

Some kids just hit you in a certain way and he was one of them.

Just recently we had a Baby Girl and she was wonderful too, but she didn't hit me like he did.

All the way to the grocery, I was thinking, if he can't go home, I'll take him---and here's the crazy part---and his sisters, home with me in a heart beat.

It really is a crazy, crack pot thought, especially because my motivation to be a foster mom has nothing to do with building my own family. I believed in the past and still do right now that the ultimate of what a foster family does is support another family until it can all be put back together again. I've maintained that we would only add a child to our family in a forever way if it was crystal clear that God wanted us to do so.

That said, this baby pulled me in so hard and fast, I'd sign today.

Right this very moment.

For a lifetime.

No comments: