Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do Something New Every Day

In spite of all the vomit yesterday, I did read the paper and that got me in a snit and caused me to do something I've never done before.

Today I wrote and sent my first letter to the editor. Yeah, I know, a big leap for the lady who would rather be invisible than noticed for speaking her mind. I must be getting old or something because I went ahead and spoke.

I'm just so tired of hearing people talk about the village raising the child and yet they aren't DOING anything. Just the constant flap, flap, flap of the mouth gets to me. I don't mind the flapping when it comes from someone who is actually involved in solving a problem or is helping to make whatever flawed system is in place to work better, that's totally different than just shooting off your opinions from on top of your box.

I'm sure my letter did nothing more than make me feel better, but I'll let you know if the paper calls.

On to other thoughts for the day.

Why is it that people believe you can not see into their cars? I'm really tired of pulling up to a stop sign and seeing my fellow motorist with his finger up his nose or checking my rear view mirror and seeing someone squeeze their zits. So to the general driving population I beg you, please do these things inside a bathroom or at least any room with a little privacy!

More insanity. Politics. Need I say more? Well, yes, today I will. See I'm wondering about those neighborhoods like mine, where just about every lawn has the same candidates sign stuck into the grass. What's the point of advertising to your neighbors that you're all doing the same thing? If everyone has the same signs out, who are we trying to convince? Especially in the burbs, the one lonely UPS man? The trash collectors? The mail man? Who?

I'm not loving either candidate, really, I'm not. All this arguing about who's lying just makes me feel like I'm on referee duty with my kids..."but he said", "but he did", blah, blah, blah. Let's all just agree that they're politicians, so even the "honest" ones are lying. They're moving around the information to make it be the things they "need" it to be. We've all experienced statistics, we know how they can be manipulated to say anything we want them to say, this is exactly the same thing. What I really hope is that as a country, we are really ready to live with which ever person gets elected.

And finally, Christmas humbugs. Today, while driving the kids to their piano lesson I saw them. The city has started to hang up it's Christmas decorations on the light poles around town. Frankly, I'm just not ready. I'm barely starting to think about Thanksgiving. The Little Mr. is thinking about it though. He's wondering if we could have an ice cream pumpkin pie this year. I'm thinking he might just be on to something. I'm thinking a chocolate cookie crust with pumpkin pie flavor ice cream in it. Maybe it's my sore throat, but that seems like a really great idea to me.

1 comment:

Karies place said...

Amen to all you have just said.

Karie