Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote & Get Free Stuff--So American!

I'm going to say it like you don't already know it, GO VOTE! GO VOTE, GO VOTE, GO VOTE!!! Help get this crazy, stupid thing over with so we can get on with life again. I'd love it if the phone would stop ringing and I could find my mail in the mailbox again. I want to see holiday decor on the lawns instead of stupid signs.

OK, ranting over.

Well, almost.

One of the best part of election day is all the "patriotic" companies offering deals and free stuff. For example, StarBucks is offering free coffee today, all you have to do is ask. Here locally, they are also offering free holiday lattes and mochas. Way cool. I have also seen that Krispy Kreme is giving away donughts and Ben & Jerry's is giving away ice cream. I'm sure there are other places too, just go Google and ask.

Ah, Google. The modern equivilant of calling information.

Now, on to lawn decor. What is with those giant inflatable things? I so completely don't get those. My running joke with The Mr. is that we have skipped the lawn decor and taken on extra kids for less than the cost of the inflata-junk. Hasn't anyone noticed that they are all ugly? Doesn't anyone think they look rediculous when they tip over? And where does a person store all these sets of outdoor decorations? I can barely figure out where to store all the indoor practical stuff we actually use, let alone 8000 pumpkin decorations and turkey things. Don't even get my started on Christmas.

I might just be the biggest bah humbug on the whole block.

I think I'm just more a spirit of the season sort of person than a decorate the place person.

Well, I for one, am looking forward to tonight. We have our teen Bible study group and we are planning to watch the election results/coverage with them tonight. I think it will be very interesting. For teens that can't yet vote, they really are interested in the election.

Off catch up with my day that's running away with out me!

3 comments:

Karies place said...

I too hate all the lawn stuff in regards to the elections. I'm just tired of this whole thing and want life back to normal. Let's only hope.

Karie

Anonymous said...

"inflata-junk"... LOL

The best are the Simpsons inflatables. Don't ask me how the Simpsons wedged themselves into every known holiday, but they did. Maybe Obama will impose windfall profit taxes on Big Plastic!!

Jen said...

Doh!