Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Recipe, Just Because

This is really just a note to myself. I don't use recipes, generally, although cookbooks are some of my favorite books to read. I'm just collecting ideas and information. We're on a bit of a tuna casserole kick over here lately, so I thought it was about time to throw together a note of what I'm throwing together in the pan and onto the table in our corner of the world.

Not Your Mama's Tuna Casserole

Use a 13X9 glass pan.

2 cans tuna
1 can mushrooms
1 can cream mushroom soup
mayo--guessing about 1/2 cup
Parmesan cheese--guess 1 cup
sharp cheddar shred--1 bag give or take
frozen peas--just enough to bug the kids
garlic powder--1/8 cup? lots, but powder not salt
noodles--half smaller size box, about half cooked

mix all together in the pan, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with more cheese if you have it. Top with small can of french fried onions--try not to eat them all ahead of time, or buy big can. Cover with foil. Bake at lower temp for about an hour or so.

2 comments:

Karies place said...

It sounds so yummy. Unfortunately none of my family would eat it. Oh well, maybe more for me. :)

Jen said...

Bummer for you...it does make great leftovers though, so maybe making it for yourself wouldn't be that bad...