Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh My Goodness

I am breathless.
Jittery.
Excited.
Paralyzed.
Frightened.
Humbled.
Wondering if I'm crazy.

All at once.

And celebrating. Just a little.

It's such a great bit of news to know that we'll be getting the girls. It's wonderful that a sibling group will be kept together.

It's overwhelming that it will be us. It's drop to your knees humbling.

Knowing that really and truly the only way you're going to make it through each and every moment of each and every day is through Him.

This is by far one of the biggest faith walks of my life.

It's also terribly bitter sweet.

Their parents failed them. Or maybe just failed themselves. This will be regrets that follow them all their lives. No matter the life circumstance they will always have moments where they remember their children.

They've been in at least one other home and passed on through.

Now the last person they've begun to trust and attach to has said no thanks.

There will be baggage here. The first years will be hard and ugly to be sure as we all work our way though this. But, we're in it together.

You know, it's all those cliche's. Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind.

Plus there's God. You know, Him. All that talk about love others as I've loved you. Care for the orphans and widows. What you do to the least of these you do for me.

You get the idea.

I know. A very scattered blog at best today.

That's how the brain and heart are today.

excited
scattered
humbled
planning
busy


I could go on and on, but, oh my, have I got things to do!

No comments: