Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Finished...Maybe

It's been such a great whirlwind summer but it's leaving me scatter brained.

I'm having a ton of fun, and I think the kids are too, but I'm finding I'm really having a hard time getting focused to mentally work my way through some stuff. Even when I finally make my way to the end of the day and put fingers to keys, the words are jumbled.

It's the struggle I'm having with the assignment. I like my story. It's not a drop dead gorgeous tale, but it's solid. That's the thing. It's basically done. But I just haven't been sending it along yet. It's not a story I love. But, it's done. And that's the thing I've learned in this segment. It's the idea to write it out anyway. To finish it up and send it along. The idea that you simply must do the work and not every piece will be a favorite. Not every story that I write will make my own heart sparkle, but it's a done story. A solid done story. An assignment finished and on dead line. And that's a good lesson learned. Sometimes the best thing you can write in that segment isn't a story you're in love with, but that doesn't make it a bad story.

It's the season though too. I can't get a minute to myself when I have enough focus to get things formulated and done, but that will come. Soon Little One will move on, or so it seems, and the others will be in school and then my thoughts will be my own again. There's the fun and games of the summer and with my life, just like yours, there's always all that personal stuff you're sorting through in your mind.

And so it goes, in this little corner of the world.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It definitely is a busy season.. of life and of the year.. with summer being here. Sounds like you just need some good rest.. and some time for yourself. Those things are in short supply I'm sure! School starting back is going to help - no doubt!