Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a Ps 119 kind of day.

8: I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

10: I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.

15: I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.

28: My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.

50: My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.

68: You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.

76: May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.

89: Your word, O Lord, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
90: Your faithfulness continues through all generations;
you established the earth, and it endures.

116: Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live;
do not let my hopes be dashed.

171: May my lips overflow with praise,
for you teach me your decrees.

And a 2 Corinthians sort of morning

1: 3-7
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
1: 9-11
Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raised the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.