Friday, February 4, 2011

A Boring Little Post

It's Friday and I haven't blogged much lately.

Sometimes there just isn't all that much to say and some of my junk I'd much rather keep to myself than spread out on the Internet.

So we'll stick with some dull topics.

I'm in a rut. It's the mid-winter doldrums I think or maybe a little mid-life crisis, could that be? In my mind I'm about 20 years too young for that, but whatever.

I've just recently realized I'm still wearing the same perfume that I've been wearing for almost 20 years. It's getting harder and harder to find and well, somehow it just nags at me that maybe I should update. Here's the thing though. I don't really want to go stand at a counter and sniff. I don't want to even think about the cost because I'm cheap and perfume is not. So send me some suggestions, I need to start over and pick a new scent.

It's the same with my hair. A few years ago, I got my hair done. Really done. A new style and a new color. I loved it. I really did. But again, I'm lazy and cheap. It took a lot of effort to get to my stylest and it's not her fault, but it's not cheap! Plus, wearing my hair long is a comfort to me, but I also know, I can't live in a going gray pony tail, so, thoughts? Recommendations? Ideas? Justification for me to just ignore it all?

This kind of thing happens to me once in a while. You know, or maybe you don't. It's like when I take something out of the closet and realize it's an item that I've been wearing for more than a decade. Yes. I have clothing older than my children that I still wear. I'm not sure exactly what that says about me. I'm not sure I care what it says, but sometimes I notice it.

So I get in this unsettled place where I feel the pull to shake things up a bunch. You know? Like I play with the thought of cutting my hair insanely short, knowing it'll be fun for like, 3 days and then I'll want a pony tail.

Mid-winter doldrums.