Thursday, November 10, 2011

Passion

NaBloPoMo today is all about passions.  The prompt is to have the writer tell about one of their secret or not so secret passions in life.

I'm a pretty open book person.  It takes about a week on here to gather that I'm a nut about books and words and writing.  People and kids and family are a big stinking deal to me.  I'm pretty bent on trying to be as fully alive and present as possible in this life.  I love good food and time spent in my kitchen.  I love that I have the freedom to be creative in so many parts of my life.  I'm pretty adamant that a little person doing a small thing can make a huge difference and you'll never fully see your impact in this life.  I believe that all of life should come with some kind of sound track.  I believe in laughter and tears and the fact that the best lives are bittersweet ones, lived right on the edge of in between perfect and heart ache.

I don't know if I'd call any of those passions, as much as they are simply a part of my core.  They are pieces of the essence of who I am.  I want to get to the end and know I lived all in, missteps and all.

What about you?  What are  your passions?

No comments: