Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unicorns and Rainbows

Let me paint you a picture tonight, you draw your own conclusions.

We've had a crazy full busy weekend.

We did lots of things that were intense and stirred the emotions hard.  There's been too little sleep, too much junk food and too many people we love deeply.

Now it's Sunday night.  It's all quiet, the routines followed and all the loved ones back in their places.

Time to tuck in my tiniest two.

One dissolved into heaving sobs over all the broken pieces of this short little life.  So many are loved so deeply and so many have failed.

I can't tell you what it's like to love a small person so completely broken.

I gave the hugs and kisses because there are no words for that kind of pain.

Then I tucked the next small person, with barely a story to their name, taking pieces of other stories to create one of their own.

Hugs and kisses, and what could I say, "your story is your own, even if you don't know it yet"




No comments: