Wednesday, October 10, 2012

sound bites

Today, snapshots again, snippets of life being lived full over here.

I have been working on the book, slowly.  Editing is not natural to me.  It is not enjoyable.  I fight the demon of doubt and the desire to delete the entire thing, believing it's junk before giving it a chance.

As I work, I like, no more like I need, music.  Sometimes I like music that is old and familiar.  Sometimes I like something brand new and unknown.  Sometimes I listen to my friend Steph.

When I listen to Steph, I can picture her clearly sitting there playing.  Her music is so clean you never feel like you are listening to a recording, you feel like you're with her.  Good editing company.

On the radio today, I heard a study that said Facebook is the new cigarette.  I completely believe it.  It's what we do now.  Most of us anyway.  Anytime there is a 5 minute window of being alone, we flip it on instead of lighting up.

As a side note, all that flipping on of Facebook solved one of my issues today more quickly than I would have done without it.  Our local library had a computer glitch that sent out notices to everyone.  I got one and couldn't figure it out, until I started to see it on friends status'.  Thanks.  Helpful.

NaNoWriMo is around the corner, and because my life isn't insanely full enough, I'm going to give it another go around.  This will be my third year.  I completed the challenge in 2010, but didn't make it last year.  Time to try again.


No comments: