Monday, May 13, 2013

Breathe In, Look Up

So I wrote for a few days about all I do and why I'm not here putting down words and all it really did was point out my life is dull, depressing if I let it be and busy. Busy, however is no excuse for not putting down words.

Why do I say that?

Because even with being insanely busy, I still sat down a couple of times a day and put words out there for you, for me.

It continues then, what did I do today?

Nothing.

Well, not nothing, but nothing in the context of the last 4 days.

I have not yet today done any ridiculous, crazy, super-intense trauma parenting.

And you know what?

It's nice.

It's been like a day off.

What does that say when laundry piles up to your arm pits, dog doo on the carpet and a trip to the grocery store seem like a day off?

Today?

Today, I don't care what it says.

I caught up on some reading and emails. I showered and ate today. I saw the sky and worked on a photo project.

I'm sure it won't last more than a breath, but I'll take it.

Sometimes all you need is a breath to survive.

No comments: