Wednesday, February 12, 2014

That Tickle At The Back Of Your Throat...

Well, that's kind of how my mind has been churning lately.

I've been swamped over with the practical and everyday stuff of life and that's alright. My everyday is pretty good, even though I've been less than a peach to be with lately, and my house looks kind of like gorillas live in it.

No matter.

There is a kind of spring time fire in the back of my mind, it tickles and bothers until you reach for it, like that scratchy throat and your favorite cough drops.

It's been the first day in about forever when I could just close the doors and sit down and get some work in.

I feel like I have a pile up of projects and words and ideas all stuck and jammed up in the back of my mind.

I spent most of my day in front of my computer working at things and well, frankly, learning.

I don't know nearly as much about things as I would like to know.

As I crash and blunder while I learn new things and push for dreams that I've left drifting in the snow while I went about the business of living my wife and mom life, be patient with me I ask. Play along a little as I crash and burn, then stop, drop and roll, so that I can get up and try again.

I keep hearing this tiny voice, like a Muppet or a Who (Dr. Seuss) whispering in the dark of my soul,

...it's not too late...

...it's never too late...

No comments: