Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Second Thought

A lot of you know what it is to have your most precious friend live on the other side of the country. It is something I'm learning.

There are times when I want nothing more than to be with her, share a cup of tea, have that ease of just being me. No walls, no pretense, no judgement. Just being loved as I am.

Don't worry. She calls me on things when I need to hear it. She encourages and redirects me in a way that few others can.

These have been long hard days and nights around here lately. To describe it in a single word?

Brutal.

But it has to be this way for now. It will improve. It always does.

It has been two years since we've sat and shared a cup of tea. Just thinking of it brings me to tears.

Don't misunderstand. This new world I'm in is good. I have friends. I'm not alone.
Duh. I'm married.
But, a best friend is different somehow.

Bottom line.

I miss her.

No comments: