Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm going to make you crazy this month. It's National Foster Care Month.

Did you know?? There are 513,000 kids in foster care today in our country.

Just for a minute, stop and try to picture it. Newborn through teens. 513,000. Not a single one of them deserve it.

This came across my desk and I thought I'd share it here.

I Am A Foster Mother

by Frances Huston
Wake County, North Carolina

One is under the table, one asleep in bed
Two are having a "free for all"
And one has dumped breakfast on his head.
The phone is ringing off the wall
Someone's at the door
Clothes are piled up in the hall
And I need things from the store.
It's hardly time to think,
For it's always one thing or another.
No, I'm not the lady who lived in the shoe,
I'm just a foster mother.
One needs a hug, one needs a change
and one wants to chat.
One has hid and I can't find him
and two are chasing the cat.
I've blown my diet, so with Twinkie in hand
I sit a minute and wonder
on all the blessings that have come my way:
You see, I'm a foster mother.

No comments: