Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rest For My Soul

My trip has ended and I'm back at home. It seems that I ate my way through Texas, and I have an extra ten pounds to prove it. Good thing I'm back home again.

While in Texas I stayed with Ms. K. She is amazing, wonderful, kind, patient, generous and loving. Her home is beautiful and tranquil. It was a bit of a haven to me. So peaceful. Not only was I able to rest my exhausted body, but I had the space to rest my mind.

Now, back at home, my life is moving along at the breakneck pace of a homeschooling mom of three, who has a knack for taking on one too many things. It's a good life. There is laughter and love here, but it's also loud and busy.

My return goals are to keep reading at the pace I was reading at in Texas, to keep writing in a focused way as often as I can manage with three little people under foot, and to keep in my heart that sense of peace I felt while I was away.

Thank you to The Mr. for planning this and being a real Dad. Thank you Ms. K. for letting me rest my whole being in your space.

No comments: