Sunday, October 5, 2008

Twice Blessed

This weekend we were unexpectedly blessed and blessed in a huge way.

Crumbs From A Full Plate filled our plates. Filled and then some.

She offered us a meal and I really hesitated. I'm not a good help taker, I'm a much better help giver, but we had a big, hard week.

The Little Mr. had some very big medical tests. We brought home another foster baby. He's a bit on the high needs side. We had family in to help, twice. We had a court date. The Mr. went on another business trip. A night with the teens. All our regular lessons and sports. All in all, a really full week.

The longer I thought through it, the more a meal sounded great. Things were piling up, like leaky washers and elderly dogs. A meal made by another. MMM, sounds great.

So I went ahead and said yes, please.

The Full Plate brought way more than a meal. Two wonderful meals, salad and an unbelievable dessert. Recipe please?

The responses? One boy said, "Cool, mom, she's a Godly woman and a great cook!" The next boy said, "she rocks". The Little Miss said, "more". The Mr. said, "mmm, wise woman, comfort foods".

Over all spectacular. Plus, I didn't think about cooking for two whole days. Instead, we got to church on time, we cleaned up the house, I made it through half a million loads of laundry and we had plenty of time to love on the new Little One.

It seems that he may be around for a while, so we'll be calling him Little One. He's sweet and precious and cute and sounds a bit like a baby bird.

Thanks and thanks and thanks again, Full Plate, our lives were indeed blessed by your willingness to listen to His prompt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome - I am glad that everyone enjoyed the food. I'll email you the recipe for the brownies - I can't take credit, it came from a friend. They are yummy, aren't they?

Jen said...

Oh, my, yummy doesn't cut it...my gang loved them. We really loved everything though, the last bits were eaten up yesterday, so you'll be seeing your dishes soon! Thanks again. It was wonderful.