Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

It's the end of Christmas Day and we're far from over. We still have two more family gatherings to go. Spreading it out can be both good and bad.

General recaps of our time so far.

The Little Mr's have had a very electronic holiday and as a result, we've hardly seen them all day. I suspect they're still glued to their new screens while tucked under their covers. They'll be tired tomorrow. Love & Logic, natural consequences all the way baby.

They're already tired. The Little Mr. barely slept last night. The anticipation of Christmas was just too much. The Littlest Mr. and Little Miss just had off nights and Little One seems to be back on with the croup again. Let's just say that most of us got very little sleep on this Christmas Eve.

We officially survived doggie bed rest and she's back to her normal self. We did learn that the basset hound is basically the goat of the dog species. They will eat pretty much anything, even if it isn't a food. Lucky us.

Sometime over the last week, between babies, holiday preparations and lousy winter weather I threw out my back. I've been hoping every day I'd wake up and it would be on the mend, but today I hunched my way around the holiday like a little old lady. I'm working my way through a bottle of Tylenol and hoping it will right itself without a trip to the chiropractor.

I made time to watch It's a Wonderful Life. Again. That's Christmas alright.

We're enjoying some new Christmas CD's, Jimmy Buffet, Melissa Etheridge and Sarah McLachlan. I know, I know, I have some odd musical tastes. It goes right along with my odd TV tastes. Right now, I'm laughing really hard to Who's Line Is It Anyway? Nothing makes me laugh as much as this show. It's just plain funny to me all the time.

All but Little One and I went to the sledding hill today. They had quite a good time. How could they not have fun? There is enough snow to be frightening.

No comments: