Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool?

Today is Little Mr.'s first day of public school.

Yes, at 10 1/2, the start of the 4th quarter of the year, almost at the end of grade school, it is in fact, his first day.

There's a part of me that is thinking it should have been all sappy and teary and emotional and all that, but it wasn't.

He was so beyond ready to be there. He barely let me walk him into the building and introduce myself to the principal.

And that, my friends, is all good.

He seemed excited and confident. He couldn't wait to get started.

Now I know, going from a life of homeschool to wham, bang, public school right in the middle is not an easy way to go. I know there will be issues and trials and all sorts of stuff.

We'll deal.

So, no, for anyone wondering, the rumor is truth. It's no April Fool. Little Mr. is now a public school student.

No comments: