Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today's Episode of Stupid Mom

Last night I was playing Super Mom around my house and it came back to bite me in the butt.

I was doing exactly what I always tell my kids not to do. I was rushing around, in the dark, doing a bunch of things at the same time on the stairs.

I think you see where this is going.

It went right to the ER.

Seems it was my turn.

I slipped off the last 3 steps and heard an amazing series of crunching and popping sounds. I have a very high pain threshold, bordering on abnormal, and yet, there was no way I was going to move. So I laid on the floor and let my kids freak out.

Thankfully, high school home teams has blessed me with great relationships with amazing teens. I called one, Haley, to ask her if she was free to watch the kids while The Mr. took me to the ER and she wasn't, but she had another person, Carleen, on her way in a matter of minutes.

Blessed I am. Indeed.

Anyway, it turns out no bones appear to be broken. We'll just wait it out a week or so to see if there is any damage to tendons or ligaments or that sort of stuff. In the mean time, I'll be sporting my lovely boot and doing my level best to stay off it as instructed.

No comments: