Friday, June 26, 2009

Thankful Even If Not Happy

I'm not in my comfort zone. I like doing things myself, my own way. I like being independent. I'm not good at asking for help, accepting help or being helped.

This week, that's been the way it is.

I am VERY thankful for all the people who have stepped in and helped out, from just being understanding that I'm moving a little slower, to driving me, doing my dishes or bringing dinner. It all really did help.

I'm happy to say that each day I'm a little better than the day before and hope to be back to full speed and strength in a few weeks. Right now, I'm down to just limping around with my boot. And who wouldn't want such fashionable summer foot wear?

So thanks my friends. Thanks for cooking and schlepping. Thanks for carrying and putting up with my flock of kids. Thanks for coming over on short notice and making due. Thanks for helping me laugh it off. Thanks!

No comments: