Friday, August 21, 2009

Time to update.

I haven't had a chance to write in a while but it's all good. We've just been really busy.

First the girls were coming. Then they weren't. Then they were going to come in 6-8 months. Then we were asked to do some respite.

We agreed. Then the dates changed. We agreed again.

In the mean time there have been major cleanings and bed moving around this place. My most wonderful in the world sister-in-law and a big bunch of her lovelies came every morning this week and even one afternoon to help me pull it off. Toys have been sorted and purged. Lots of furniture has been moved. Rugs vacuumed.

Time to put on the sheets and wait for the girls.

It's creating a little buzz in the house today.

I don't think we'll have too much time for melt downs but I'm still expecting them. We've got a picnic planned and a park day. There will be two visit days and church. That sucks up most of the time. It should be an 8 day stay. We'll see how that all works out.

In the "spare" time this week I've been trying to stay on top of getting the bigger kids ready for school and getting my speech stuff done. Progress is slow. I don't have much left to do in either, but I'm easily distracted and need to be less interrupted. We've had medical appointments because that's what we do over here. We've had the privilege of play dates and sleep overs.

Today I'll be having the privilege of laundry! Oh my.

In the end, it's all good. So that's the best and shortest updates for now.

No comments: