Friday, August 27, 2010

And Now The Testing

There often comes a unique point in foster care, especially foster care that employs shared parenting tactics.

It is a point in time where you are trapped in a catch-22. Should you do too much, you are denying a person their opportunity to prove their ability and desire. On the other hand if you do too little, you are hindering the process. Then there's yet another angle where your motives come into question. Are you in fact doing things for the good of the child, for their best interest or because you secretly are a bad, greedy foster parent who really wants said child all for them self?

It is a fine line to walk. There is a certain strange stress that comes with questioning every move and thought and step.

This and so many other things are piling up and piling on these days.

I am profoundly thankful for the breaks and get aways that are coming my way in the next few months. I am thankful for an amazing husband who is beyond a fully capable dad and will handle it with grace and ease. I am thankful that he is a budget mastermind and makes my sudden needs for escape possible. I am thankful for the amazing women that God has given me as friends to spend some of these get aways with.

Blessings upon blessings in this life.

I will measure my steps with caution and prayer, trusting in a path I cannot see.

No comments: