Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Final Count Down

I am just a few short hours away from the kick off of the 2010 NaNoWriMo.

I'm actually quite excited about at this point...yeah, no more whining. I had a great couple of days here at the end of October and managed to meet a half dozen characters and create a solid outline to bring me through the 30 days.

So, I'm writing to say goodbye.

Well, not really.

I haven't done a big project with this tight of a deadline before and I'm not sure exactly how my brain will respond.

It will be one of two ways. That I'm certain of.

I'll either be writing here all the time, telling you all the stuff that's going on and all kinds of other stuff too, just because I'm struggling with a section or because I'm putting off getting to work.

Or, I'll be barely here. I'll be having great fun working on this book and I'll have great focus and drive and I won't want to "waste" a minutes worth of words anywhere else.

Hee, hee.

Either way, I'm hoping to keep you all up to date on my word count. Not because that's interesting to you, but because it's a bit of accountability for me.

There's a fair amount of determination to finish this simply because I've said to all of you that I'm going to, and now I'd feel really stupid if I didn't pull it off.

So I'm off to watch TV, cruise Facebook, eat the kids Halloween candy and whatever else I can squeeze in before it's November and it becomes pen to paper time.

See you, in December!