Saturday, February 12, 2011

Maybe I'm Just A Punk Instead

So in light of Punk Rising, a few days ago, I've started things in motion and then backed up, freaked out, changed my mind, had a melt down, found my resolve, gave up, had a pity party, gave in to doubt fear and frustration, started over, found my footing and pounced on the resolve again.

My thought today, is, how exactly do we keep our resolve, our motivation if you will.

True Confessions.  I waffle violently back and forth between I'm going to finish this book and more to I'll never be more than what I've always been, a background afterthought.

Where does the middle ground come from?  How do I get there and stay put?  And do I want middle ground?  Maybe I should be shooting to find solid footing on the side of sheer determination.  I just don't know.

I'm sure there is some obvious Biblical answer that I should somehow be able to swallow easily, but for me, it isn't always that simple.  Maybe there is some 12-Step Program that I should participate in to get my boogie on the dance floor.  I don't know.  I'm not so sure I care.  In a lot of ways, it feels like a thing I simply have to walk through and find my way, knowing all the while, my path will be unique in a way that matches only me. 

Help me out here a little, shoot me some advice.  Help the other two readers by sharing in the comments how you do it.  Where does your resolve come from and how do you keep it rocking?  How did you or are you chasing a dream and making it reality?