Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hound Home

Just in case you've been waiting with baited breath to hear the tale--hound tale that is--she's home.

So far she's cased the joint and eaten all the things left behind in the last 24 hours.  She's wandered room to room sniffed and whimpered.  She's been out to do her business enough to make me think she's like those people that can really only "go" on their own home potty.  She's chowed down a full bowl of kibble, two of water and had a bath. 

I'm not sure exactly all where she's been but from where and when she was found I'm thinking she enjoyed her spring day of sweet freedom.  I'm betting her paws ache today though, that's a lot of hoofing it around for an old Lady. 

She somehow came home smelling like a cross between a zoo in August, a cow barn and skunk road kill.  Needless to say, she's had a long hot shower.  We went for the orange mango shampoo but frankly, she still smells like something dead now combined with wet hound. 

She's sporting a handful of new tags on her collar thanks to the Humane Society and they helped me find a home for that $100 lying around in my checking account.  Oh well.  They do great things and they saved my poor silly hound. 

Thanks for all the offers to help find her. 

She and I both have tired sore feets.