Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Blog A Day?

Yup.  That's the plan for the month of June.  A blog a day.

It's in the same vein as NaNoWriMo where you write a 50,000 word short novel in a month.  It's a discipline/challenge thing.  It's called NaBloPoMo.  National Blog Post Month.  It actually runs every month so you can do it when you want to.  I'll be participating this month.  In a way, it's easy.  Monday through Friday there's a writing prompt and there is a month long theme, so  in theory at least, you don't have to think all that hard to complete the challenge.  The theme for June is fan.  You can read more about the theme and about NaBloPoMo by following the link.  Same for the NaNoWriMo, just follow the link and read away. 

So the prompt today is about being a sports fan.  Are you a fan, when did you become one and what team.

Well, I live in Wisconsin and we are insanely loyal fans to our teams so I'll say easily and proudly I'm a Packer fan, a Brewer fan, Bucks and Admirals and of course, Badgers. 

Packers and Brewers, I've easily been a fan since childhood.  I don't remember a time in my life when we didn't watch either of those teams.  It's just a part of my growing up. 

I've probably listened to more Brewer games than anything and over the last 4 decades watched a lot of Packer games.  Probably didn't hurt that I lived a decade or so of those years in Green Bay.  Living there, Packer games are a religion--in a good way!

As for being a sports fan, well, I really am in a way.  I don't necessarily rush to watch or listen to a game, but it's usually a pretty high on list choice of things to watch or hear. 

It's a little hard to explain. 

I've come to love baseball, but that has a lot more to do with some of my life people being huge fans and highly involved in the sport.  The same is said easily about football.  I enjoy watching it, but more so because I have significant life people who play and watch with a passion. 

I love a good hard fast hockey game.  Mmm, hmm.  Nothing quite like it.

Recently had a taste of indoor soccer and I could enjoy that too. 

Basketball, especially professional basketball is a take it or leave it for me.  I'll watch it if it's on, but I'd never turn it on myself. 

So what about you?  Who are your teams?  What sport makes you pull out the team colors and turn on the TV?  Which game makes you cheer and reminisce?