Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Post with Chicklet

What's up guys. So this is Chicklet, getting to playing guest blogger today. I am getting to rock today's blog post :)

So I am getting ready to go to school in Minnesota (as some of you may know.) Six hours away from home. It's a bit freaky yet totally exciting all at the same time. I get to fulfill something I want to do for myself. There are not a whole lot of things that I want for myself. I have the general go to school, find a boy, get married, and have a few kids. You know general but big things. Not to much to as of right? Well honestly, they are huge things for me. These aren't just a want. They are more a dream. That's what I want to become. I want to be a wife and a mom. I want to be a best friend. I want to be someone maybe one or two people can look up to. I want to be someone that people can come to and trust.  Ok again pretty general. But I am a general type of person. Yes, there are a lot of great things about me, and it all is about perspective on how you seen me.

Ok enough about me. (although you may see a bit more about me)

So what are some things that you want? What are some of your dreams, and wants for your life? Are they pretty general too? Or do you want to be something bigger? Where ever we are for  life. We all have something we want, or want to do or become. Maybe a dream as a child of fulfilling something. Or doing a particular thing. Or getting something we always dreamed/wanted to have. As humans we have it built in us to long for something; physical, mental, or emotional, spiritual, etc. There are so many aspects to a dream or want. Possibilities are endless.

Within dreams and wants we have a certain aspect to how we will reach them, achieve them, or get them. If your a Christian you have the surrender aspect of getting there. But for both Christians and Non-Christians we have to work, and work hard for those things. We have to take reign and handle on what it specifically is we want to get and achieve.
For me, my taking reign of a want/dream, the want/dream of going away to school, was me finally pulling my head out of the clouds and realizing that I need to put effort and time into it. I had to sit down, fill things out and get things in. I couldn't just sit around and talk about it, say I'm working on it. But I had to actually get my butt into gear. And when I finally did that, the want/dream of getting there isn't as scary. It is happening. It's being fulfilled. And it's a huge thing in my planet. I'm happy and excited about it.

So in the point of all this. What is it, what are the wants/dreams of your life? No matter how young or old you are. No matter where your life has or has not taken you. What is it that you think about, dream about, etc? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to just sit there and let it be a thought in your head and heart. Are you to scared to attempt? Or are you going to open your eyes, take the step/plunge and go for it?

Maybe it doesn't work out. But even it it doesn't you tried. You can take pride in the effort you did put in. Not every want/dream is going to be a reality. But we have to try, and work for it/them.

So here you have it: go, dream, try, live, be.
Strive to be all that you can be and want to be.