Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The blog prompt for today is What point in time would you like to return to and live again?

I honestly don't have an answer for that one.  I like my present life and have never really longed or even wanted to live in a different time.

I would maybe consider a sort of time travel, go back and talk to my younger self, kind of thing, but even that, I"m not sure.

I mean, I would like to tell my younger self certain things about the future, but in the same vein, I would be afraid to change things because then I wouldn't be who I am. 

I'd tell my younger self things like be brave, take chances, take risks, fear less, worry less, live fuller and more alive. I'd like to see the me I would have turned out to be had I really snatched up life early, like in high school or college(the first time) and just run with it. 

At the same time though, if I had lived differently, I wouldn't be who I am now.  If I'm not who I am now, I wouldn't have the context to say to that younger self, be more, because I would have become someone else, other than who I am now.

Challenges and hiccups and everything that everyone sees as bad in my life, I wouldn't trade or back track over.  I am who I am.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

And I'm good with it.