Monday, December 5, 2011

Gifts

Well  my friends, today's first gift is Google.  I searched and found.

Today, I'm borrowing a Christmas Meme from I Should Be Laughing, who in turn borrowed it from Tiger Chanter.  


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?   I like a little hot cocoa mixed with some Bailey's or butterscotch schnapps or maybe a little Dr. to mint it up.  

2. Letter to Santa? I ask all the kids, even Chicklet-almost 21, to write a special letter to Santa and leave it in their stocking.

3. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps.  He has his own paper.

4. Colored lights on your tree/house or white? White.  Only white.  And no blinking or chasing or flashing.

5. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

6. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as the Thanksgiving mess is cleaned up, so Saturday or Sunday after.

7. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? For dinner it's green bean casserole.  Then salads that you don't normally make or eat by yourself.  For snacks, savory dips.

8. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to Midnight Mass.

9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure.  I don't remember a year that I "knew".  And there was a year as an adult or almost adult, that my family was sad and Santa came.  Still to this day, no one will "fess up" to being Santa that year, but there were touches that made us all sort of pause for a minute and wonder if my grandma had been "back" just for a moment.

10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? With my immediate family, Christmas Morning.

11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It has a strange and unusual collection of pre-kid ornaments and then a large collection of kid made ornaments.  

12. Can you ice skate? If necessary.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yup.  They year my boy friend surprised me with my engagement ring.  

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I really don't have a dessert associated with the holiday.  

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? A glass of wine or two, fire in the fire place, snuggling in and watching It's a Wonderful Life.

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Honestly, giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? For a year or two now it's been a rather non-Christmasy song.  River by Sarah McLachlan

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? They're nice for stirring but not for eating.   


I almost forgot the most important part! Do the meme on your blog and leave a link or answer up in the comments.  

No comments: