Monday, December 5, 2011

My Heart 3 Sizes Too Small

In my Grinchy mood I will take a crack at myself tonight.

It seems I have a heart 3 sizes too small or some other kind of fatal flaw.

There are patterns in my life that I don't like.  One of them is front and center again.

I don't know if it's my words or my heart.  I don't know what exactly it is about me.

But this happens.

A long time ago now, I had a friend and we were super close, or at least in my head we were.  She put herself in a position to basically start her life over on the other side of the country.  It was a great chance for her.

I was the last to know and I found out by accident.  When I swallowed my pride enough to ask why she never mentioned a new job, a new life, on the other side of the country, she simply said it was too hard to tell me that she was going.

It's a pattern that repeats in my life.

Something huge.  Something meaningful.  I guess it.  I find it out by mistake.  It simply happens.

Why are the people I love the most unwilling to say things to me?

I've been told over and over through the years how judgmental I am and how sharp and hurtful my words are, maybe that's enough.  I don't feel like I judge but everyone thinks I do.  I feel like I realize quickly if my words were too sharp and I'm quick to be sorry.

Maybe that's not enough.

maybe i'm not enough

3 comments:

Angie said...

oh sweets. I'm so sorry if you feel that way. I know you are feeling so much right now. You are a great friend. Always truthful and honest. You are dependable and reliable. Yes, you can be sharp but it's only because you care so much. You have been such a great friend to me over these couple years and I wouldn't be where I am without you. You have helped me so much. Please don't be so critical of yourself.

Jen said...

Angie, maybe we all get our hippos this year...

rufers54 said...

I agree 100% with what Angie says. Your honesty might be hard for some, like a necessary operation, but in the long run it heals.