Thursday, September 27, 2012

24/7/365


Thursday, September 27, 2012
What is the first thing you see in the morning?

I'd love to tell you I wake up all glory and wonder and nice and all that stuff, but I don't.

I'm not a morning gal at all.  Ever.

Around 5 is when I start hearing kids, so the very first thing I look at is my phone to see what time it is.  My phone is also my alarm clock, so it's in bed with me.

After I see what ugly hour it is, I try my best to go back to sleep.  I need every little z I can get!

It doesn't last long though.  On a typical day over here, alarm clocks start going off at 5:30.  Mine goes off at 6.

True confession time, I am one of those people you read about.

After I turn the alarm off, I lay in bed for about 5 minutes doing a quick check though my emails, messages and social media sites before getting up.

Then I head into coffee and the newspaper in between getting 6 of the 7 of us out the door and to our places on time by 8:30.  It's a little fire drill-ish in our place in the morning.

I know all about how bad it is to be so connected to your phone and the greater world and such.  I do.  And yet the people in the circles of my life have issues that happen at all hours.

Hearts breaking know no time frame.

I would much rather roll over to a text at 3:AM than ever hear I needed you and you weren't there.

Now, that said, I also don't extend those 24/7/365 hours to everyone.  Just a very select few get those rights to my life, but once you get them, well, I don't take them back often., let's just say that.

No comments: