Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Discovery

I've been dragging along today, scratching around trying to find where all my words and thoughts and ambition have gone, when I came across this: Trifecta.

I do believe I'll be giving this a go-round or three just because I can.

They have some get to know you questions as a lead in and they are good questions so I'll go ahead and leave them here for you today.  Look for the challenge piece in the next day or so.


  1. What is your name (real or otherwise)? In real life I am known as Jen.  Online I am often known as HeyMom.
  2. Describe your writing style in three words. Challenged.  Eclectic.  Spontaneous. 
  3. How long have you been writing online? I've been online in one blog or another since the early to mid-90's.
  4. Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? I like to do the NaNoBloMo for the discipline of daily writing and I have done the NaNoWriMo for the last 2 years.
  5. Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. Don't stop at a first draft and walk away.  Almost everything I put down is instantaneous with little or no editing or revision.
  6. What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Don't stop.
  7. Who is your favorite author? Just one?  There are so many for so many different reasons.  Lessing.  Cornwell.  Rushdi.  Follett.  Kingsolver.  Woolf. 
  8. How do you make time to write? I let the laundry and dishes pile up.  I ignore all the phone calls and paperwork I should be doing and sit face to screen, fingers on keys.
  9. Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition.  Authentic
  10. Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.  Again with the just one, huh? These aren't pretty stories, but they are slices of my real life and some of my better words in the last few months.  Dear Educator , Go Ahead, Make Sense Out Of This, and My Dreams.
In the end, here, I've "broken" the rules.  I've gone ahead and written what I wrote my way.  I've stumbled back through this blog to see some of the life I've written about.  Maybe all I've learned in all the years I've been writing is that if you aren't living a life, there isn't any thing to write about.

No comments: