Thursday, September 20, 2012

What If

So I spent this morning deep in my brain, fingers on keys, but I did take a little break to have a conversation with a friend of mine.

Sometimes doubt sneaks in and trips up everyone.  It was a tiny pep talk of sorts.  A lot of I know it's hard, but that doesn't mean you can't do it or shouldn't do it.  Yes.  It is scary.  I believe in you, even though you don't believe in you.  You've got this thing.  The important thing is don't quit.  Don't give up.  Just keep going, one hard step at a time, keep going.

Our conversation ended and life kept on going, but I keep hearing it all play over in my mind.

Just because it's hard doesn't mean you can't do it.
Things worth doing are hard.
It is scary.
Don't quit.
Don't stop.
Just keep going.
I believe...

What if I don't quit?  What if it turns out to be OK that I don't tell my stories until I'm in my 40-somethings?  What if I believe in the stories?  What if it's actually never too late to start or too late set that example for my kids?  What if it turns out my stories are good?  What if I did actually buck up and finish them?

What if I'm not too old to enjoy "success"?

What if I didn't miss it after all, even though it didn't happen right out of high school or college?

What if these might be the best years of my life?  What if they are all the best years?

What's your what if?

No comments: