Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lists

I went to a writers workshop of sorts today. My first of anything of it's sort.

It was good.

We ended today with a list of 10.

I like lists and I've been thinking in my mind for a while about a list post here.

How about a list of the top 10 things I "can't live without" and I say that with quotes knowing full well all about health and gratitude and the blessing of my first world life and so on.

1. Black eye liner & black mascara. Real black. Not blue-black or brownish black or slate or black with glitter-although that is darn fun, just black. I'm not terribly brand or style specific, but it's a need. It's pure vanity. 

2. Sharpie pens. Any color. All colors. The fine point writing ones. I have lots of black ones. I have green, purple, blue and orange. They make me happy.

3. Carmex. I guess I'm still just a Wisconsin 80's girl. I love my little jar of Carmex original. I do have a lot of the flavors in tubes and I love those too. I have the Moisture Plus version in the little skinny sleek silver tube. I almost always have one on me, if I don't, I'm probably looking for one.

4. Diet Coke. It's bad. I know. Toxic even. Slowly rotting my body from the inside out. Giving me cancer. Making me fat. I know. Diet Coke is my cigarette, I swear.

5. Chocolate. Any kind really. I like to think I'm picky, but in reality, if you offer me chocolate, I will accept it. I love dark chocolate. I love it plain. I crave it mixed with things. Salt, caramel, fruit, spicy hot Mexican chocolate. It's all delicious.

6. Coffee. I wake up and the first place I stumble is the coffee machine. I fill up my cup and wake up slowly with it. 

7. My fleece blanket. It offers just the right amount of warmth and snuggle to get the perfect sleep.

8. My phone. People are important to me. Being able to be in a never ending conversation with someone via text or other means is significant to me.

9. Music. CD's. Radio. Pandora. Spotify. It doesn't really matter. Loud, soft, fast or slow, it really doesn't matter to me. I just need a soundtrack to my days and nights.

10. My bed. It sounds silly, but it's my happy place in the world. I feel like Little Red Riding Hood when I try to describe it. The best thing I can say is that it's just right. It's not too big or too small. It's not too hard or too soft. It's just perfect.

So there you go, some of the things in this life that are my must haves. 

No comments: