Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Easy Come, Easy Go

Well, it's over. The twins are already gone.
A family member came forward to care for them and so off they went. We were all sad to see them go. After just a few days we had really come to love them. At the same time, the whole family is looking forward to a full nights sleep. The Littlest Mr. was happy to have his spot on my lap back.
Really, the timing couldn't be better. Tomorrow is the big dental surgery. I think it really will turn out to be a not so big thing. They tell me it's better than getting a root canal. I sure hope so.

So here's my long and short on foster care. It was crazy and confusing. I don't think I ever had the whole story from anyone. I did really fall in love with the kids in just a few days. It was heartbreaking to send them on. As teary as we all are tonight, with that tight spot in the chest, we would do it again in a heartbeat. I know that the next call will be just as wild and insane. And I know we'll take the child in. And I know we'll feel just as sad when that child goes. And then we'll do it again.

Tonight, I'll be falling asleep remembering my last snuggles with the twins. The way they would nestle up in my arms. The way they would look at me while they took their bottle. The way their soft little foreheads felt when we kissed them goodnight.

jen

No comments: