Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Recap

Friday!!

The end of a long week.

The Mr. has returned safely. Enduring, if not enjoying yet another business trip.

The Little Mr. has learned to burp on command. Quite an accomplishment when you are 81/2. I, personally, am overjoyed and oh so proud. I can hardly wait for the Littlest Mr. to follow in his footsteps.

I had my teeth attached yet again. We're hoping this version of sticky stuff will keep them on for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. The first stick-um lasted a mere 12 hours. I have about 4 months to go in this process. Patience and soft foods are key.

The Littlest Mr. has added something to his bed time line up. Usually it's the beloved and tattered blankie and the precious softy-cow (thanks Kathy!). Somehow, added to this list is a football. I have noticed that all this week, the football has been tucked under his arm at bedtime. Interesting. I thought his sport of choice was soccer.

The Little Ms. is cute as can be. I am loving every minute of her. She has a great smile, a huge laugh and is starting to figure out toys. She loves to be cuddled and kick her legs.

Finally, the dog is happy again. The Mr. is home you see. Does she love him best? Yes. But more important that being the favorite human in her hound world, he is the person who uses the leash.

Me? I'm looking forward to a little sleep. A snack or two to make up for the meals I missed in the chaos this week. Some time to clean up, organize and plan. Coffee that hasn't turned ice cold before I drank it. For me, it's the little things in life.

I'm also looking forward to a date tomorrow night. Nothing special, but nothing with the kids either. Just me and the Mr.

Ahh. All's right in the world for now.
jen

No comments: