Friday, January 19, 2007

It's a Drama, Mama

So goes the story of my days.
Yesterday had so much drama in it I don't even know where to begin. I think that's the key. I wont begin.
Most of the drama is silly stuff. Adults acting childish. Some people love drama and create it out of nothing. The hero thing. If I make this into a huge issue and then solve it and rescue the princess, my armor will be so shiny.
Personally, I think the whole thing could start to look and smell like a big pile of dragon dung.
That's just me though. I don't like drama.
Now, sometimes it's real and there's nothing we can do about it except our very best and pray it all comes out OK. One of yesterday's drama episodes was in fact very real. Nothing made up about a small child having an allergic reaction.
Some of yesterday left me questioning people's motives. I am generally quite good at reading people to know who is trustworthy and honest. Now, I have some nagging wonders. I'll be letting it all lie for awhile. Best to let things sort themselves out on their own and watch.
Makes me think of something The Mr's grandfather used to tell us. You can't learn anything if you're talking.
Be quiet and listen. You'll learn all kinds of things about people.
I'm hoping that today and the weekend will be a lot less exciting.
jen

No comments: