Monday, February 19, 2007

Truth Time

When The Little Mr. was an only, I was often parenting alone. He was more than a challenge. I was woefully bad as a parent.

These days I'm reaping what I sowed. There is a lot of bad parenting to be made up for.

Now is the time to hack away at, before he gets any older, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier.

We've been having some long brutal days, Little Mr. and I. None too pleasant for the rest of the family either I might add. But, I know if I don't take care of it now, I'll have a worse time in the teen years.

I've narrowed it down to three things. Obedience. Without all the back talk and negotiations. Selfish attitude. Anger.

What am I doing? Parenting in the dark, just like I've always done. No book or parenting advice has ever worked on this child. And, most importantly, parenting from my knees. Prayer. I'm counting on prayer. I'm counting on God to turn this child around.

Most of my prayer? Change in me what needs to be changed to parent this child the way that You want me to.

jen

No comments: