Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Don't Ever Have To Like Their Rules

There are days I have to take a break and not write for fear I will say the things that run around inside my head.

That alone isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact it usually isn't it. But, once in a while, it's a really good thing for me to censor the thoughts that are up there and keep them to myself.

Not so much for myself, I just don't have that much pride anymore, but for the kids.

See I've chosen to play by their rules. I've agreed to live my life according to their standards for the sake of the children.

Once again, I'm reminding myself that all the things I want to rail at the world about aren't going to be worth it if it affects the lives of the kids in my care.

The kids are more important to me than making my point or ranting my opinions.

So I'll keep it to myself.
I'll conform.
I'll obey.
I'll comply.
I'll continue to play their way.

All for the sake of the children.