Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Year Older, And A New One's Just Begun

The Mr. and all The Littles did their very best to spoil me yesterday.

I took myself shopping.

Alone.

There is something almost soothing about shopping for shoes without kids. I did also wander the isles of Target aimlessly, well, maybe not entirely aimlessly, for a while. And there is just something about being the mom, even though I was out having a a little time to myself, I still managed to pick up some needed things for the rest of the family.

I did find a wonderful new purse and wallet. It was time. The wallet I had been using was actually older than my oldest child. Besides the new stuff, is purple. Like eggplant purple.

I came home to find sweet homemade cards and my favorite junk pizza on it's way. They also surprized me with a purple iPod. A fancier one than I bought for my kiddo, so I've had a much easier time using it.

Somehow, laundry was a lot more satisfing while listening to podcast sermons and great audio books.

Otherwise, nothing new around these parts. I plan to enjoy the last year of being in my 30's just as much as all the other years. Then, I'm going to enjoy the 40's.

2 comments:

Karies place said...

40's are great! :)

Tricia said...

Happy Happy Birthday