Wednesday, September 8, 2010

There Will Come A Day...

When I don't begin at the crack of the night before. When I won't wake up to the scramble of shower schedules and backpack emergencies.

There will come a day when I will sleep in and rise when I'm rested. When I will read the whole paper and drink my coffee hot.

There will come a day when my arm won't find the sticky left over from someones peanut butter toast and my newspaper won't be stuck together with fake syrup.

One day, my showers will be hot and taken whenever I choose. My waking thoughts will not be filled with getting the right kids to the right schools at the right times.

There will come a day when my time with Jesus is indeed quiet instead of interrupted with wardrobe disasters and spelling words.

There will come a day when I don't have to explain why the playbook from the coach really doesn't count in the 20 minute reading time and I'll be free to watch things that aren't animated.

There will come a day when I don't actually run my washer and dryer for the entire duration of my waking hours. When I don't fill 2 or more grocery carts at a time.

There will come a day when I don't break out the mop before 8 AM to clean up spilled milk, but until then, that's where you'll find me, fuzzy pink slippers, major bed head and mop in hand.

No comments: