Friday, September 2, 2011

Reader/Writer Notes

Today's first post is a sort of notes for readers post.

First, welcome my Daddy to the world of blogging.  Go check him out at Scuttlebutt-Jim .

He jumped on the blog wagon because I challenged him to do the NaBloPoMo with me in September.  Remember, the NaBloPoMo is simply a split off of the NaNoWriMo and BlogHer that encourages and challenges you to blog daily for one month.  It runs every month and offers up a prompt 6 days a week.  On that 7th day, you're actually on your own.  You can follow the prompt or write whatever you like.  It's simple to register over at NaBloPoMo and then leave your blog on the blog roll.  It's a great way to find new blogs to read and a great way to get some new readers.

The NaNoWriMo is fast approaching and I'd love to see you join the challenge with me.  It's a short novel in one month.  You will write 50,000 words in the month of November.  Work on your character sketches and out lines now.  Break it down into 30 steps and then check one off every day of November and bam! by December 1st, you've written a whole novel.  Yup.  It really is that easy. 

I'll be back with today's actual post for the challenge later.  First I have some very important, the kids are all at school, grown up stuff to do, like have coffee with one of my Peeps!  A girls got to have priorities.  Can I get an Amen Sister?

See YOU later!