Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ready? Set. Write!!

It's September!  It's time!

For what?

To do a month of blogging, that's what.  Time to join me and lots of other bloggers in the NaBloPoMo.

You can see by the button on the side, that the September theme is Return.  A really great theme for September.

Everyday they offer up a writing prompt on the NaBloPoMo site and then you simply use that to get started writing your blog post for that day.  Easy enough.  But don't waste time, you can only list your blog on the blog roll until the 5th.  Join me and play along.

Today's question is: "What magical creature would you like to meet?"

There are a lot of magical creatures to choose from, but I'm kind of a girly girl, I know, big shock there, so I'm going to go with the ever popular unicorn.  And not just any unicorn.  Not the standard regal white unicorn, standing all majestic like on a cliff over looking a crashing waterfall with a beautiful sky in the background. 

No, not for me. 

I'd like something I've never even seen depicted in a picture.  Hmm, I should Google it, it probably does exist.

But I'm thinking of a sleek, black as midnight unicorn.  One with powerful wings and muscles oozing power.  It would have a tall, straight horn, as beautiful as pure onyx.  It would make a sound like the most comforting music ever heard and yet deep within your heart you would automatically understand what it was speaking to you.

This black unicorn would be a protector of sorts, in this magical world.  Just the beating of it's wings would be enough to threaten any thing and the sound of it's battle cry would be destruction.

Yup, that'd be the kind of magical creature I'd want to meet.  Not yo mama's unicorn!!

Now, play the game.  Go to your blog and tell us about your magical creature, then leave us a link in the comments.  Don't forget to add yourself to the blog roll, it's a great way to find some new readers and read some new blogs!