Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another Installment of...

Where have I been?

I have a goal, to be able to say, in my 40th year my first novel hit the market.  It's a big crazy goal.

Now, on one hand, it's not.  This is the technology age and anyone and everyone can publish as they desire.

On the other hand, I want it to be worth your time to read it and worth your $0.99 to buy it!

This week I have been working hard at the final rewrites.  Next up some edits and some choices about conformity.  Ahead on the calendar, research about ISBN's and Copyright.  Then the details at the different places I want to sell the book.  Cover art work permission.  A better title.  A book jacket blurb.

After all that, waiting.  Waiting to see if anyone buys the silly thing.  Then more waiting to read what people thought.  In between all that waiting, I'll be writing, working at the next one.

I hope to be well into the waiting and working on the next one by summer break.  I hope to have sold a few copies and heard a few good reviews.

Finally, for all my real life friends, family and acquaintances, a little heads up on it.  Even though I am a Christ follower, it's not a Christian book.  I don't enjoy those, matter of fact, I usually think they stink and it wouldn't be "me" to write one of those.  It would be way to fake and contrived coming from me.  So if all that doesn't throw you and you still want to give it a read, it'll be out soon.

Stay tuned for updates and info over the next few months.

In the meantime, fire up your own blogs and tell your stories, we all have them in us, so start telling.

No comments: